2011年8月17日水曜日

Who Knows Where The Time Goes?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9kC7YKbV2I&feature=related One of my favorite songs by Sandy Denny, but this version is by the wonderful, and incredibly missed Eva Cassidy.  I couldn't find an Eva Cassidy version with lyrics, so here they are:

Across the evening sky,all the birds are leaving
Oh but then you know, it was time for them to go
By the winter fire, I will still be dreaming
I do not count the time
for who knows where the time goes?
Who knows where the time goes?
Sad,deserted shore
your fickle friends are leaving
oh, but then you know it was time for them to go
But I will still be here
I have no thought of leaving
I do not count the time
for who knows where the time goes?
I know I'm not alone
while my love is near me
I know that its so until its time to go
All the storms in winter and the birds in spring again

Yes, where does the time go?  I can't believe nearly a month has passed.  I hope you are all finding ways to stay cool and comfortable in the heat.  The heat and humidity have also been pretty bad here, and it is only in the last week that we have actually had some nice weather to go out and enjoy.  Then over the last two days  we have had torrential downpours and flooding in some areas.  Some places nearby got almost 18 cm of rain in one day!  But at least it is cool and comfortable now.
My trip didn't start off too well as shortly after returning I hurt my back and was spending most of my time lying down.  It was a good chance to do some reading, but not exactly how I planned to spend the beginning of my time off.  Then my brother and his family came in, and with my mother we all went to Washington DC for a few days of sightseeing.  It was nice, but a little lack in planning by my brother made things tense at times, and I think it was a little hard on my mother who can't really walk all day in the heat anymore.  After returning to New Jersey, I came down with a bad head cold that again had me mostly in bed for 4 days.  I consoled myself by thinking that at least I could rest and didn't have to cancel classes or force myself to go to work.  I recovered and then hurt my back again!  Can you believe my luck this summer?
The update on the house is better, but still not as far along as I had hoped.  The first bids from the builders came in and ranged from $520,000 to over $600,000!  I called the architect and told him it was WAY too much and that I couldn't afford that much.  Since then I have been looking at other builders and think I have found one I like and who can do the job in phases and for less.  The only problem with him is that he cannot start until October!  So it is back to negotiations with the bank this week for a loan and then meetings again with the architect and builder.  It is now pouring rain again, and so I think I will head to the cool basement and
exercise so I don't turn back into a fat American!

2 件のコメント:

  1. Are you all right,Blake?
    Did you have any damages to your house?
    I read the newspaper and watched the TVnews,
    Hurricane "Irene" hit the East Coast and got the
    widespread serious damages in many States.
    Aug.29,Monday, we had a class as usual.
    And Noriko said to us, her elder sister called
    and said she evacuated to her friend's house.
    We were concerned about what happened to you.
    All of us really worry about you and your family.
    We hope that you didn't have any troubles and
    we hope that we hear good news from you.

    Please say hello to your mother and take care of yourself.
    We are looking forward to seeing a good shaped guy again!!

    "Who Knows Where The Time Goes?"
    This song is so woderful and nice.
    Eva Cassidy was the amazing vocalist.
    I like this song and lyrics are easy to comprehend.
    This song became one of my favorites.

    Tak.

    返信削除
  2. Hi,

    We are all fine. I checked my house on Monday and we were very lucky. The Hurricane could have been so much worse. There were some knocked down branches and a few trees, but basically everything was okay. It seems further north had a much worse time with flooding. We also were lucky and did not lose power. There are still millions of people without it. Hope you are all well and that the heat has gone down some.

    返信削除